HELLO MASON JAR MADNESS! I buy in bulk for a lot of my dry goods and I really disliked the unorganized mess of plastic bags that appeared when I opened up my cabinets so I put everything in plastic containers (see image above). It only took a matter of time before I realized that in doing so I was not getting the results I was originally after: Clean, Eco-friendly, Easy to navigate. As I have gotten older I have felt the need for more organized and clean spaces; I find that it allows me to relax more. I love how my cabinet looks now! I bought the mason jars at Target and the 99Cent store. #score.
Today is the first day of summer and I wanted to set some goals of things I wanted to make sure that I accomplished. I should note that I am off to Thailand next week and plan to tackle some of them whilst there. Goal setting is an important part of my life, something that I learned from my days at Lululemon as an educator (more on that later) and I thought it would be fun to do a more playful list of goals as oppose to one that includes graduating from college or getting a job in California (done and done). I was inspired by Emily.
- Start my first urban herb garden – even if it only has one herb to start
- Take a cooking class
- Start and finish two DIY home improvement projects- my mirror and intimates drawers
- Have all day, girls only beach days
- Finally master handstand in yoga class
- Make homemade beauty products like a scrub or mask using summer produce
- Make infused popsicles for a party – maybe add some alcohol 🙂
- Walk to the beach to catch the sunset at least once a week- I live a little over a mile away so no excuses
- Somehow make it on to a sail boat
- Take a mini vacation to San Diego or Santa Barbara for a change of scenery
Happy Summer Solstice. May your days be warm and bright.