These are kind of awesome! Vegan, gluten free and a little extra punch of protein, you’re welcome! I am a massive blueberry fan; not only are they exceptionally good for you, any way you eat them they are delicious. Toss them into some baked goodness and prepare yourself for some bliss. These little muffins are, as I am writing this, all gone. Yup! All 12 of them didn’t even last for 48 hours of existence. I brought them to work to share and well, now they are gone! It all started on Friday afternoon when I was in Whole Foods. For some beautiful, unexplained reason they were selling a pint of ORGANIC blueberries for $1.99. I bought 5 pints (5 is my lucky #) and made 3 blue-tastic recipes this weekend which I will of course all feature right here on the blog SO STAY TUNED!
Benefits of Blueberries
- Antioxidant power house to build your immunity and slow aging- Vitamin A, C, E, copper, zinc, B complex, iron
- Cancer Fighter– KARATE CHOP
- Memory boosting benefits- Say hello to neurocognitive function as you age!
Recipe: Blueberry Blissed Protein Mini Muffins (makes 12 mini muffins) inspired by THIS recipe
What you need:
- 1 cup gluten free flour- I used brown rice
- 1/2 cup- vegan protein powder- I used Warrior Foods: aka the best!
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5-6 Tbsp sweetener- Agave, honey, brown sugar or 1/2 packet stevia (your choice)
- 2 flax eggs (1 egg= 1/2 Tsp flaxseed meal + 1 Tbsp water)
- 2 Tbsp EVOO or melted vegan butter (like Earth Balance)
- 6 Tbsp vanilla almond milk (unsweetened is fine)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup blueberries
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease your mini muffin tin. Prepare your flax eggs in a cup and set side to mix. In a medium size bowl combine all your dry ingredients (including the dry sweeteners if using sugar or stevia). Otherwise, combine all the wet ingredients in the cup used for the flax eggs and whisk together. Work your wet ingredients into the dry and combine well until a dough forms. Fold in the blueberries. Put about a Tbsp of dough into each mini muffin tin and bake in the oven for 11-13 minuets. Check them with a tooth pick to make sure they are dry through out before removing. Place on a paper towel or cookie rack to cool. Then find your bliss: dive into these beautiful sweet muffins! (like I said, your welcome)!